How to Clean Quartzite Countertops
Wondering how to clean quartzite countertops? Cleaning quartzite countertops correctly will keep them looking beautiful for many years to come.
We stopped by to talk to the Daltile stone product development team and asked them about cleaning quartzite countertops. Here’s what they said.
- Should be pH neutral
- Can be diluted or concentrated for different soil levels
- Should not strip the sealer
- DuPont™ StoneTech® Professional Stone & Tile Cleaner
- DuPont StoneTech KlenzAll (stain remover)
- DuPont StoneTech Professional Heavy Duty Coating Stripper
- Aqua Mix Sealer and Coating Remover
- DuPont StoneTech Professional Bullet Proof (sealer)
- Aqua Mix Sealer Choice Gold (sealer)
What does that mean exactly? The stone team had an answer for that too.
“We recommend using a non-acidic, low pH cleanser such as mild soap and water or stone-specific cleaners easily found at your local retailer.”
They also mentioned that not every quartzite has exactly the same makeup and you should always ask your sales rep if quartzite is right for your application.
As with all stone, quartzite countertops should be sealed and resealed periodically (about every one to two years depending on usage).
Decrease stains and damage with:
- coasters for glasses and mugs
- immediate cleaning of potentially staining substances (citrus, vinegars, wine)
- removal of debris
- use of hot pads and trivets
Learn more about countertop care and maintenance in our How-To section.