8 Things You Didn't Know About Natural Stone Countertop at Daltile
Stone is one of the oldest building materials. It is appreciated for its longevity and ability to withstand the elements and forces of mankind. At Daltile, we scour quarries around the world to find excellent stone suited for the kitchen or bathroom.
Each natural stone countertop is cut from blocks removed from solid rock formations. No two countertops are exactly the same. Here are a few more things you may not know about stone countertops at Daltile.
- Daltile stocks over 200 natural stone slab colors from 22 different countries worldwide
- Stone slabs at Daltile include granite, natural quartzite, marble, limestone, onyx, and travertine
- Daltile is one of the largest importers of natural stone in the U.S. and North America
- International inspectors in all major countries verify that materials meet Daltile quality standards and that suppliers comply with U.S. standards.
- Stone slabs come in 3/4" and 1 1/4" thicknesses
- Stone slabs are suitable for wall, countertop, and floor applications
- Edges of stone countertops are machined to add elegance and a finished look to the counter, custom edges are available-please consult your fabricator
- Natural stone countertops are available in several finishes like polished, honed, and leather
- Natural stone, especially granite, comes in many different colors and natural patterns
- Stone countertops can last a lifetime if cared for properly
What's ONE™ Quartz?
This ONE™ Quartz is a solid countertop manufactured from 93% quartz. Because it is made from natural stone, it retains many of the features of stone, like durability and strength. It comes in 34 colors and several patterns. The quartz used in ONE™ Quartz comes from India and China. Check out Geo Flecks, Nature Flecks, and Micro Flecks series to find your favorite.