- Inspiration Gallery
- In the Media
1. Glazed floor tiles should not be used where there is a consistent presence of water, oil, or grease unless COF exceeds 0.60.
2. Proper maintenance is critical. Improper maintenance and improper maintenance products can result in a contaminant build-up on the surface of the tile causing the tile to be slippery.
3. Exterior applications, including pool deckings, are considered to have a continuous exposure to standing water creating a potential for a slippery floor surface. Dal-Tile does not recommend glazed floor tiles on exterior applications unless the tile surface is: (1) sufficiently protected from direct weather elements, (2) equal to or greater than .60 COF wet, (3) textured, and (4) not polished or semi-polished.
4. Ramped surfaces, irrespective of the slant of the incline, require a more slip resistant surface and Dal-Tile recommends a minimum of .80 COF on these surfaces.
5. "Polished surfaces" create a very smooth surface. Dal-Tile does not recommend polished surfaces in any areas subject to water, oil, or grease exposure.
6. No floor tile is "slip proof." NOTE: Commercial tile applications have unique exposures. See Additional Safety Factors to Consider under the Commercial Factors page for more information to assist in the selection of tile for commercial applications.