Inspiration and DIY
- 2017 Insiders Tile Trends Forecast
- 3-Tile Patterns for Unique Floor Tile
- 3 Trendy Tiling Tips for 2017
- 3 Unexpected Ways to Use Glass Tile
- 4 Ways to Use Blue Glass Tile to Create a Dramatic Effect
- 5 Ways to Increase Your Property Value with Tile
- 4 Pantone “Color of the Year” Tiles for Your 2016 Remodel
- 6 Reasons Why Concrete Look Tile Is Pet Friendly
- 10 Unique Tile Designs for Your Home
- Accent Tiling Tips for Modernizing Your Space
- Get Creative with Border Tiles to Add Personal Touches around Your Home
- Home Improvement: 4 Reasons to Replace Tile around Your Home
- House Decorating Ideas: New Tile Offers a Great Return on Investment
- How do You Like Them Organic Apples?
- How a Foyer, Bathroom, or Kitchen Makeover Can Help Sell Your Home
- The Latest Glass Mosaic Tile Design Trends
- Let Your Personality Show in Your Home Décor
- Looking at Tiles for Sale? How to Find Colors and Materials That Inspire You
- Mosaic Tile and Accent Tile Can Add a Springtime Pop of Color
- Small Living Room Ideas: Adding Grandeur with Tile
- A Tile Masquerade
- Tile Patterns Using 2 Different Floor Tiles
- The Versatility of Cement-Look Floor Tiles
- Tiling Tips: How to Ensure Success With an Interior Designer
- Top 4 Benefits of Tile Floors
- Trends from the Big Apple: Flooring and Countertop
- Use Glass Tile and Recycled Materials for an Eco-Friendly Home Design
- Using Natural Stone Flooring to Create a Modern Look
- Using Wood, Stone, and Concrete Tiles to Enhance Your Decor
- Using Glass Mosaic Tile to Add Personality to Your Home
- Update Your Living Room with Mosaic Tile and More
- Updating Your Fireplace Tile: How to Choose the Right Tile
- Will the Wood-Look Tile Trend Stick?
- 3 Ways to Use Color Tile to Brighten Your Home
- 5 Ways to Include Concrete Tiles in Your Home Design
- Tiny House Style
- Get Concrete Flooring without the Hassle
- Tips for Using Wall Tile to Make Your Entryway Stand Out
- Use Glass Mosaic Tile to Add Personality to Your Walls
- Adding Blue and Green Glass Tile to Your Space
- Tile Flooring Tips for the Home Office
- Glass Mosaic Tile: Transform Your Decor Style from Drab to Fab
- How to Use Glass Tile to Create a Modern Look
- Floor Tile and More: How to Think Like a Designer
- Match Your Tile Floors with Today's Design Trends
- Glass Mosaic Tile: Tips and Ideas for Using It in Your Home
- Creative Tile Accent Wall Ideas for Your Home
- Accent Wall Ideas for Kids' Rooms
- The Organic Modern Living Room: How Tile Fits into the Design
- Home and Kitchen Remodel Ideas for a Victorian Look
- Fashion Meets Function: Using Pavers in Your Home's Design
- Trendy Tile Foyer Ideas to Impress Your Guests
- Tile Design: Combining Form and Functionality
- 5 Tile Entryway Ideas That Will Make a Lasting Impression
- 4 Trendy Stone-Look Tile Flooring Options to Consider
- 4 Ways to Use Wall Tiles in Your Living Room and Dining Room
- How to Design a Modern Living Room Using Tile
- Tile Flooring Ideas for Your Dining Room, Living Room, and Hallways
- 4 Flooring Ideas to Transform Your Dining Room
- Make Your Living Room Inspiration Come True with Tile
- 5 Tile Decorating Ideas for Your Winter Cottage
- Living Room Inspiration: Matching Your Tile Floor to Your Wall Paint
- Designing a Marble Fireplace: Choosing the Right Color and Style
- Using Stacked Stone to Add Texture to Your Bedroom
- Home Decorating Ideas: 3 Marble Fireplace Surround Options
- Tile, Good for the Environment!
- 2017 Kitchen Trends
- 5 Ways to Do a Quick Kitchen Makeover
- Anything-But-Boring Kitchen Tile Layouts
- Backsplash Ideas for Your Kitchen Makeover
- Streamline Your Kitchen for a Busy Lifestyle
- Stay on Trend with Your Kitchen Remodel Using Popular Colors and Tiles
- 4 Unique Ways to Use Kitchen Tiles
- Kitchen Remodel Tips: 5 Ways to Use Your Tax Refund
- How to Use Stacked Stone to Add Style to Your Kitchen
- How to Use a Glass Mosaic Tile Border to Add Personality to Your Kitchen
- From Kitchen Tile Ideas to Space Planning: How to Design Your New Kitchen Like a Pro
- Stylish Kitchen Design Ideas for Any Home
- Mimic Your Kitchen Design in Your Butler's Pantry
- Pairing Your Granite Kitchen Counter with the Right Cabinetry and Backsplash
- Tile Tips and Ideas for White Kitchens
- Kitchen Ideas: Pairing Retro Appliances with Subway Tile
- 3 Inspired Kitchen Island Ideas for Your Kitchen
- Designing a Kitchen Island with Natural Stone Slab
- Kitchen Tile in the Remodeling Process: Tips to Create Appeal and Function
- 3 Small Kitchen Remodeling Projects to Tackle
- Kitchen Remodeling: 3 Tips to Enlarge and Enhance Your Space
- 5 Ways to Use Kitchen Tile Flooring to Create a Contemporary Look
- Trends in Contemporary Kitchens: Increased Function and More
- Kitchen Tile Flooring: Why Wood-Look Tile Is Trending
- 3 Stone Backsplash Ideas for Your Kitchen
- How to Use Black Subway Tile in Your Kitchen Design
- Using Mosaic Tiles to Liven up a Dated Kitchen
- 2016 Kitchen Trends
- 2017 Bathroom Trends
- The 4 Best Tiles for a Water Resistant Bathroom
- 6 Simple Bathroom Makeovers
- Bathroom Storage Ideas: Maximize Your Space
- Modern Bathroom Tile Ideas
- 6 Homes That Stick to a Theme
- Tips for Your Bathroom Makeover: Making the Most of a Small Space
- The Zen of Bathroom Remodels
- Bathroom Design Ideas: From Demo to Done
- Bathroom Tiling 101: Glass Subway Tile, Measurement Tips, and Everything in Between
- How to Design a Modern Bathroom
- Bathroom Design Ideas That Use Tile in Creative Ways
- Bathroom Wall Tiles Add Design, Drama, and Dimension to Your Project
- Choosing Shower Tile to Create a Custom Bathroom Design
- Shower Tile Ideas to Transform Any Bathroom
- Marble Bathroom Flooring: 4 Factors to Consider
- Let Bathroom Tiles Be the Foundation of Your Next Remodel
- Bathroom Design Ideas: Frame Your Mirror with Tile
- Neutral Bathroom Remodel Ideas
- 4 Ways to Use a Marble Slab in Your Master Bathroom
- Master Bathroom Ideas: 5 Ways to Make Your Space Your Own
- Master Bathroom Ideas: Design a Ski-Lodge-Inspired Space
- Using Granite for Your Bathroom Vanity
- Bathroom Remodel Ideas Featuring Decorative Accent Tiles
- Choosing Tile for Your Shower Wall: How to Stay Unique and Practical
- 3 Unique Bathroom Flooring Ideas
- Small Bathroom Flooring Ideas Using Large-Format Tiles
- Bathroom Remodel Ideas for Design Consistency
- How to Clean Bathroom Tile before Your Guests Arrive
- How to Clean Bathroom Tile Safely
- Designing the Perfect Walk-In Shower with Tile
- Designing Tiled Showers for Your Guest Bathroom Makeover
- How to Design the Walk-In Shower of Your Dreams
- Top Notch Bathroom Designs: Planning the Perfect Master En Suite
- 10 Top Tips for Getting Bathroom Tile Right
- Reinvent the Traditional Tub Surround with Tile
- Bathroom Designs and Beyond: How to Tackle the Planning Process
- Bathroom Designs: Pairing a Claw-Foot Tub with the Right Tile
- Shower Designs Featuring Large-Format Tiles
- Simple Bathroom Design Ideas to Refresh Your Space
- 2016 Bathroom Trends
- 3 Reasons Granite is Still the Best Choice for Countertops
- 3 Reasons to Add a Granite Countertop to Your Kitchen
- All About Natural Quartzite Countertops
- Colorful Granite Countertop for Any Design
- How to Clean and Seal Granite Countertops
- Granite Countertops at Daltile
- Granite Countertop Finishes
- Granite Countertops: 5 Distinctive Features
- Installing a Granite Countertop: Choosing the Perfect Finish
- Natural Quartzite FAQ
- Robust. Beautiful. Solid Countertops.
- Select the Perfect Edge for Your Granite Countertops
- Use Tile Countertops to Create Any Kitchen Style
- Using Quartz Countertops to Transform Your Basement Bar
- What Everybody Ought to Know About Granite Tile Countertops
- 7 Ways to Decorate with White Granite Countertops
- 4 Stylish Ideas for Kitchen Countertops
- 3 Types of Countertops for the At-Home Chef
- Using Tile Countertops to Create a Modern Kitchen Design
- Get Modern Quartz Countertops with ONE™ Quartz
- Granite and ONE Quartz® Countertops: An Objective Look
- The Latest Solid Surface Countertops: New Popular Stone and Stone-Look Options
- Stone Countertops: Choosing a Decorative Edge
- Add Black Granite Countertops to Your Home Design
- 3 Backsplash Ideas to Modernize Your Vacation Home
- 7 Ways to Do Backsplash for Granite Countertops
- Backsplash Ideas for a Country-Style Kitchen
- Backsplash Ideas to Enhance Your Kitchen or Bath
- Backsplash Ideas to Help Create Your Dream Kitchen
- Functional and Gorgeous Backsplash Ideas
- How a Metal Backsplash Can Modernize Your Space
- How to Use a Stainless Steel Backsplash to Modernize Your Kitchen
- Need Ideas for Your Mosaic Tile Backsplash?
- Which Tile Backsplash Material Should You Choose?
- How to Install a Tile Backsplash: Designing the Right Ceramic Tile Layout
- How to Install a Ceramic Tile Backsplash in Your Guest Bath
- Designing a Travertine Backsplash
- 5 Benefits to Installing Bathroom Shower Tile Yourself
- 5 Tips for Optimal Tile Installation
- Ceramic Tile Installation Is Easier Than You Think
- Home Improvement Tips: The Importance of the Backer Board
- How to Grout Tile
- How to Install Shower Tiles Like a Pro
- How to Remove Glass Tile Safely
- How to Install Wall Tile Yourself
- Installing Floor Tile
- Installing Large Format Tile
- Installing Wall and Countertop Tile
- Installing Wall Tiles to Modernize Your Space: A Guide
- Installing Your Own Granite Tile? Here's a Rundown of the Tools You Need
- Tiling Tips for the High-Tech Home
- Tiling Tips: How to Mix Tile, Hardwood, and Carpeting
- Using a Tile Cutter: Tips and Tricks
- Tile Installation: Using Environmentally Friendly Tiles and Materials
- Drilling Into Tiles: A Step-by-Step Guide
- Tiling Tips: Creative Uses for Leftover Tile
- Subway Tile
Wood Look Tile
- 4 Benefits of Wood-Looking Tile
- 4 Myths about Wood-Grain Tile
- Faux Wood Flooring: How to Choose and Use This Smart Tile Product
- Reclaimed Wood Tile
- Tile That Looks Like Wood: A New Flooring Option
- Update Your Bathroom Flooring with Wood-Look Tile
- Using Tile That Looks Like Wood: From Rustic to Romantic
- Using Wood-Look Tile to Spruce Up Your Home's Interior Design
- Wood Effects Tile: An Alternative to Hardwood Flooring
- Wood Look Tile Flooring
- Faux Wood Flooring Ideas for Every Room
- Home Decorating Ideas: Using Wood-Look Tile in Wet Areas
Pool & Outdoors
- 3 Ways Granite Slabs Can Update Your Patio
- 4 Ways to Add a Flagstone Patio to Your Summer Home
- Choosing Outdoor Tile: 4 Things to Consider
- Create a Flagstone Patio and More: 4 Unique Design Ideas
- Outdoor Tiles: How to Use Glass Tile
- Patio Tiles: 3 Steps to Prepare Your Patio for Summer
- Pool Tile Update: Bringing Life Back into Your Vacation Home
- Update Your Backyard Oasis: Pool Tile and Other Trends
- Use Patio Tiles to Create the Perfect Outdoor Oasis
- Using Pool Tile to Transform Your Tired In-Ground Pool
- Choosing the Right Pool Tile for Your Deck
Natural Stone Tile
- 3 Reasons to Upgrade with Limestone Tile in Your Summer House
- Bring the Outdoors in with Natural Stone Tile
- Granite, Marble, and Limestone Tile: 3 Stone Options to Consider
- Granite Slabs: Fine Art for Your Kitchen
- Natural Stone Tiles: 3 Things You Should Know
- Natural Stone Tile vs. Natural Stone Facade: What's the Difference?
- Polished, Flamed, or Honed Granite? A Guide to Different Finishes
- Elegant Living Room Design Ideas Incorporating a Range of Marble Finishes
- Modern Style Tips for Marble Flooring
- 4 Marble Flooring Options for a Classic Home
- 3 Reasons Why Limestone Tile Flooring Is Right for You
- How to Design with Ubatuba Granite
- Use Santa Cecilia Granite to Blend Nature into Your Design
- Design Ideas for Using White Granite in Your Home
- 4 Common White Granite Questions Answered
- Use Santa Cecilia Granite to Transform Your Home
- How to Feature Gold Granite Vanity Tops
- Tips for Adding Black Granite to Your Kitchen, Bath, and Living Room
2017 KITCHEN TRENDS
8 IDEAS FOR YOUR REDESIGN
This is the year you've been waiting for-it's finally time to redesign your kitchen. Whether you know exactly what you want or you're just beginning, 2017's fresh designs will help you get and stay on track. Add to that the expertise of Daltile's tile tastemakers and you'll get a gorgeous kitchen this year.
Read on to hear about up-and-coming trends for 2017.
Caprice in Ice White on the backsplash.
There a new rule in the kitchen: a place for everything and everything in its place. Designers are bringing in streamlined, clean elements and plenty of specific storage so your kitchen can be the most organized it's ever been-and stay that way.
Concepts of the Look
Canisters in a drawer for long tools like tongs, pantries, closets for cleaning supplies, deep divided drawers for easy access to baking sheets or cooling racks are just the beginning of getting organized in the kitchen. Another way you'll see this trend play out is appliances going into hiding. Toasters and blenders, mixers and crockpots will all have their own spaces-behind closed doors. Larger appliances will also become less obvious, out with stainless steel!
Tile for Organization
With less stuff cluttering up the visual aspect of the kitchen, the backsplash can take center stage. Look for geometric patterns, colors, and interesting textures that go all the way up the wall.
Details matter. Sometimes they matter more than the big stuff. The little details can set the mood for your kitchen and make it a place that is uniquely yours.
Concepts of the Look
Everything from farmhouse sinks and Edison bulbs to bold color splashes and painted wood all allow you to customize your look without being eclectic.
Tile for Details
Detail doesn't have to be big and loud to make an impact. In a white kitchen, select a tile with a beveled edge or wave pattern like Artigiano, Annapolis, or Multitude for subtle detail. Many wood-look tiles have interesting details like saw marks, reclaimed looks, or hand-scraped textures. Check out Season Wood, Willow Bend, or Woodbridge. If you are into more attention-grabbing details, try a flashy mosaic or an elegant stone mosaic from the Marble Collection.
Marble Attache in Calacatta. Photo courtesy of The New American Remodeled Home.
A ton of natural light and a great view is an indispensable asset in the kitchen. Look for bigger windows and skylights that transform the kitchen into a haven you'll want to spend your weekends in.
Concepts of the Look
Emphasis is on natural light when designing for the view. It's an extension of the outdoor living trend. The more of the outdoors you can bring inside, the better. In the kitchen you'll see far less stuff like cupboards and shelves in the top half of the room to make way for more windows.
Tile for the View
Fewer cabinets and more windows make room for a brilliant feature wall that accents the space without stealing the thunder of the view. An understated mosaic like a patterned marble from the Stone a' la Mod series would be a great place to start.
Grey is still the color of choice in 2017. It comes in every shade imaginable and goes with everything. Greige and other warmer greys will be hot in home décor. Black and white and white on white will still be go-tos. Accents of color here and there add some bright and bold color for a fresh kitchen design.
Concepts of the Look
Neutrals as the basis of the kitchen allow you to accent with color. Since color trends cycle so quickly, you can easily update pops of color to stay relevant. Pantone's Color of the Year, Greenery, will lead color choices this year and in the next several years. Designers will start to spring for pops of color in more permanent ways too, like green or blue cabinets on the island.
Tile in Color
Daltile will continue to offer fun colors so you can get your colored accents in. Try Rittenhouse Square or some of the bright mosaics like City Lights to brighten things up. With the huge demand for grey, you can find most any tile you want in grey from stone to glass. Take a look at Daltile's selection of stone slab for countertops (or walls). You might find a contrast-y or colorful stone that just suits your kitchen.
OPEN SHELVING & CABINETS
Open kitchens are trending in 2017. The kitchen is a center of family life and entertaining so its design is evolving to be a beautiful area to display more than just food or cupboards.
Concepts of the Look
Look for open shelving instead of cupboards on the upper half of the kitchen. You might also start to see art on the walls and specialty lighting that sets the mood for evening entertaining.
Tile for Functionality
Once again, the focus on a beautiful space allows you to take the backsplash up to the ceiling to create a feature wall instead of having a limited backsplash reined in by the cupboards. Large format tile is the perfect application for a wall like this. You have the space and it won't get covered up by bulky kitchen pieces.
Saddle Brook in Farmhouse on the floor.
Low maintenance is the name of the game in 2017. Less work makes more space for family and doing the things you love best. Materials and surfaces in the kitchen that need little care make sure you have time for things in your life that need lots of care.
Concepts of the Look
The trick to this trend is that materials still look high-end and luxurious but don't require the work they once did. Quartz is at the top of the list. It's a natural stone composite that gives you the look of marble or granite but requires almost no maintenance.
Tile for Low Maintenance
Daltile offers a wide variety of looks in quartz. A classic white marble look, White Statuary, is stunning and many more high-end looks are upcoming so check it out.
TEXTURES & FINISHES
Designs in 2017 are clean, streamlined, and spare. That leaves plenty of room for interesting textures and finishes to give some character to the room. Even a light texture like a slight wave or a combed surface is a great addition.
Concepts of the Look
Feature walls with textured tile or a floor with more than one finish goes a long way to making a space feel welcoming and warm. An island countertop with a leathered finish contrasts with the classic polished look to add some interest. Décor can also be the texture in the room. Fluffy, fuzzy, and feathery are all right at home in this year's designs.
Tile for Texture
Check out Daltile's Multitude, available in pinstripe, wave, or geometic hexagons in raised patterns. Natural stone in honed, tumbled, or split face finishes are an excellent addition to a well-appointed kitchen design. High-low mosaics are also a great option.
Bring your kitchen up to date with Daltile and some of the hottest trends in 2017.