- Why Daltile
- Customer Resources
- Manufacturing & Distribution
- Innovative Ideas
- Green Story
At Daltile, our first priority is the well being of our employees. We are proud to have Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) certification in the US, and OHSAS18001 and ISO9001 certification in all plants in the US and Mexico. Every day we continue to make our plants, sites, and businesses the safest we can.
Listed below are several safety achievements and recognitions we’ve received:
- In Monterrey, Mexico, we have attained ISO14001:2004 certification for Environmental Management Systems in our Wall, Floor, Mosaic, Refractory and Sample Board plants, and in our Warehouse.
- OHSAS 18001:2007 certification of our Occupational Safety and Health Management system in the Sample Board plant and in our warehouse.
- In El Paso in 2009, we were the first tile plant in the US to attain OSHA's Voluntary Protection Program (VPP) STAR status.
- 2010 Clean Industry Award by SEMARNAT, or Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources, a cabinet level agency of the federal government in Mexico. Also that year, we were awarded the Socially Responsible Company award by the Mexican Center for Philanthropy.
- VPP certification at our Gettysburg site, and will submit applications for VPP certification at all sites no later than 2011.
Employee Involvement / Charities and Causes
At Daltile, we know the importance of compassion. We do everything possible to enrich the lives of others and give back to our communities. The following are just a few ways we’ve contributed in our community and nationwide:
- Daltile has been the proud tile supplier for Extreme Makeover: Home Edition throughout the show’s seven-season run. In August 2010, the company signed on for its eighth consecutive season to help well-deserving families all across America.
- In 2009, one Daltile team raised over $6500 for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, with two members of the team making the "Pink Honor Roll", comprised of the top 100 fundraisers in the area.
- In 2011, Daltile employees once again demonstrated their charitable spirit, this time at the National Sales Meeting as attendees competed in team activities to raise money for seven deserving charities nationwide – at the end of the meeting each charity received a sizeable donation.
- Year after year, Daltile is actively involved in a wide range of community events including supplying tile to local area schools, sponsoring holiday Angel Tree programs, organizing school supply drives and other activities.